Sunday, March 11, 2007

My New Blog

I'm in a book club at my place of work, and we have a discussion group in our e-mail system. I used to regularly post reviews there on books I've read. There was only one problem. I couldn't always discuss certain aspects of the books I wanted to talk about, if they dealt explicitly with religion, sex, or other topics that might not be very appropriate for the workplace.

So, this is my new blog where I'll post my thoughts on things I've read.

Now, there's a reason why I like writing out my thoughts on books I read. To me, it's a worthwhile exercise because it makes me think about what I've read, articulate what's good about a book, and remember it in detail. And since I'm not just a reader, but an aspiring writer, too, I feel there's value in doing this.

I know some people disagree with me, and say that published writers don't have time to write book reviews. That may be true, but it's not like I spend all day doing this, I can usually write up my thoughts on something I've read in about half an hour or so.

Anyway, I'll give this a try and see how it goes.

No comments: